Frequently Asked Questions
1. Stata Council Eligibility Requirement.
The following are eligible to be on the Strata Council.
• Owner on title (one per strata lot)
• An individual representing corporate owners
• An individual who has been assigned voting rights from an owner in writing.
• A proxy will not apply to be on the Strata Council they are only for AGM & SGM.
2. Voting Required To Elect The Strata Council.
Owners must, be nominated and accept the nomination at AGM or SGM. In the event, there are more than 7 owners that would like to be on council a majority vote by all the owners present is necessary to elect a Strata Council. If using secret ballots, each ballot should obtain majority vote (50+1%). Owners that have less than 50+1% will not be selected to be on council.
3. Number Of Strata Council Members.
According to the current bylaws and SPA the number of council members is between three and seven.
4. Responsibility Of Strata Council Members.
In exercising the powers and performing the duties of the strata corporation, each strata council member must act honestly and in good faith with a view to the best interests of the strata corporation, and exercise the care, diligence and skill of a reasonably prudent person in comparable circumstances. According to the current bylaws and SPA, strata council members are not personally liable for anything they do or do not do in the course of acting as a strata council member, so long as they are acting honestly and in good faith.
5. Conflict Of Interest
Strata council members must ensure that they refrain from acting in their capacity as a strata council member if their personal interests conflict directly or indirectly with those of the strata corporation.
Strata council members must:
• Disclose any personal interest they have in a contract, transaction, or matter under consideration by the strata corporation;
• Disclose fully and promptly to the council the nature and extent of the interest;
• Abstain from voting on the contract; transaction or matter, and;
• Leave the strata council meeting while the contract, transaction or matter is discussed, unless asked by strata council to be present to provide information, and while the council votes on the contract, transaction or matter.
• If my rental property is vacant (not rented) will I be charged a monthly management fee?
No, Quay Pacific's management fees are only charged when your rental has tenant(s) living in it.
• If the tenant(s) renew their lease will another lease-up fee apply?
No, Quay Pacific will not charge any additional fees for lease renewals with the same tenants.
• We are big on privacy;
Therefore, your information will NEVER be given out to any marketing or government vendors without prior approval from you.
• How long will it take to find me a tenant(s)?
Quay Pacific's Mangers are renting out properties within 1-3 weeks on average.
• Rental increases, will they happen?
Yes, the Property Manger will send the tenants the proper notice as per RTB informing them of the rent change. The rental owner will have to request the Property Manger to do so.
• What happens if I do not have a void cheque to set-up monthly deposit into my account?
The owner can send Quay Pacific a print out of account that they would like the funds to be deposited into. This can be requested form your bank online or in person.
• When can Quay Pacific get started?
As soon as we have the signed management contract and keys to the property.
• Will the Property Manager take pictures of my property?
Yes, this will be done immediately.
• What locations do we offer management services for?:
Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Surrey, Langley and Maple Ridge.
HOW TO ORDER STRATA DOCUMENTS
How to order a Form F, Form B, and other Strata related documents – All available Strata Documents are ordered through Quay Pacific's website at www.quaypacific.com. Please contact the office at (604) 521-0876 for the login information.
What is the “Strata Doc” Numbers? – Each Strata Corporation Quay Pacific Property manages has a "Strata Doc" number associated to it. Please call our office at (604) 521-0876 and provide the Strata Plan and/or Building Address to the Receptionist. The associated "Strata Doc" number and password will be provided accordingly.
Password to login to order Strata Documents – Please call our office at (604) 521-0876 for this information. All passwords are case sensitive.
Requesting a Form B – When requesting a Form B (Certificate of Information), the Form B Attachments must also be requested. The Form B Attachments are rules, depreciation report, budget, rental disclosure if available as required by the Strata Property Act. If you already have copies of these documents, please email the copies you have to joanna(at)quaypacific.com to verify the copies are current in order to waive this request.
Requesting a Form F – Only Lawyers and Notaries are permitted to request this.
Cost of Strata Documents – All associated costs are listed on the website when requesting each item as cost of documents depends on each Strata Corporation. All associated costs will have applicable taxes applied at time of check out.
When will the forms requested be provided? - All documents will be provided at least after 7 days from the date of request unless a rush fee has been requested. For examples, if the document is requested on Monday it will be provided by a week later on the Tuesday.
Rush Fees for Document Requested – All documents will be provided at least after 7 days from the date of request unless a rush fee has been requested. Associated rush fees are listed on the website when requesting the documents.
Cut Off Time for Document Requested – All form request have a cut of time at 1:00 p.m. If any documents requested after 1:00 p.m. it will be considered a request from the next day. For example, if a request was made at 1:05 p.m. on Monday, the request will be looked at on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
Required Fields to be Completed – If you do not know the answer for a required field then you can indicate "unknown" or "unavailable".